South Hackney Parochial Charity was constituted under a trust deed dated 6th November 1900 as varied by the Charity Commission Scheme dated 27th September 1968.
The charity’s main objective is the relief of need and the promotion of education in the Parish of South Hackney.
South Hackney Parochial Charity was constituted under a trust deed dated 6 November 1900 as varied by the Charity Commission Scheme dated 27 September 1968. The Charity is governed by the Charity Commission; registered number 212336.
The charity’s main objective is the relief of need and promotion of education in the Parish of South Hackney (Please see the Map for the charity’s area of benefit).
The South Hackney Parochial Charities are managed by a Board of Trustees who are local people with an interest in the community.
The trustees meet four times a year to consider applications for grants.
We consider two main types of grant funding:
1. To Individuals
2. To Organisations
Please note that the SHPC area of benefit does not cover the whole Metropolitan Borough of Hackney, but rather follows the ancient parish boundaries
The following wards are outside of the area of benefit of SHPC:
In the north west – Woodberry Down, Brownswood, the western half of Stamford Hill West
In the west – Clissold, the western half of Stoke Newington
In the south west – Haggerston, Hoxton West, Hoxton East and Shoreditch
The current Trustees are: Joannie Andrews (Chair), Reverend Andrew Wilson (Vice Chair), John De La Cruz, Katie Hanson, Val Harding, Datoru Ben Paul Worika, Beverley Piper, Dr Roger Makanjuola, Lisa-Raine Hunt, Councillor Joseph Ogundemuren.
The Hackney District Nursing Association funds which provide support to residents across Hackney are administered by Hackney Parochial Charities. Please see this page for more information.